The Row opens its sale at Metropolitan Pavilion to the public today and goes through this Saturday. We attended last night’s preview. As last season’s sale, the merchandise was neatly organized and there was a lot on offer. On tables near the door are the handbags. Knits, sweaters and tees are folded on tables in the middle of the large space. Hanging on racks are other clothing, they’re organized by size.
At retail, the luxe collection is expensive. This sale is giving shoppers 70% off the original price of clothing and 60% off handbags. Even with the markdowns, the price points will still be pricey for many of you.
Let me start with the handbags of which many were from Spring 2015 and Pre-Fall 2015. Clutches were $396 ($990), shoulder flap bag at $1,060 (orig. $2,650) and the hobo bag at $840 (orig. $2,100).
Other price points included:
- Jeans $220 (orig. $550)
- Sweaters $327-$600 (orig. $1,090-$2,000)
- Basic knits $117 (orig. $390)
- Leather coat $947 (orig. $3,190)
- Linear leather jacket $837 (orig. $2,790)
- Cotton Button down shirt $207 (orig. $690)
- Silk blouses $327 (orig. $1,090)
- Black basic blazers $397 (orig. $1,325)
- Saliana strapless gown $2,385 (orig $7,950 in sesame and navy)
- Drista dress $387 (orig. $1,290)
- Arlow black leather sleeveless dress $777 (orig. $2,590)
- Tribbett dress $507 (orig. $1,690)
- Arve trench coat $657 (orig. $2,190)
The knits, sweater and T-shirts were going fast when I left yesterday evening. But there were still plenty of handbags and clothing. Please excuse the lack of photos. I was not allowed to take any during the preview. Sale ends on Saturday. If
Where/When: 123 West 18th Street, 4th Floor. Oct 22-24; Thurs (Noon-7pm), Fri (9am-7pm), Sat (9am-5pm)