We received early notice about a Barbara Bui sale taking place in the first week of November. As a result, we were allowed early access to get a sneak peak at what will be up for grabs. Needless to say, we were thrilled at the invitation since we’re huge fans of the French brand.
The sale starts on November 4th and shoppers can expect saving 80% to 90% off the original retail price. On offer will be production pieces from past seasons, including apparel and accessories (lots of shoes and a limited selection of handbags).
We stopped in Monday evening when staffers were still setting up. But the store director was kind to let us take some snapshots so our readers can get an idea of what to expect.
There were blazers, jackets, tops, pants all hanging on racks as well as piles of shoe boxes. In addition, a few handbags were on display on tables. Plus, a small selection of belts.
Pricing for Items that Caught Our Eye
- Leather jacket with fur trim collar $346 (orig. $1,730)
- Black wool bomber jacket $360 (orig. $1,800)
- Basic light-weight wool blend pants $102 (orig. $510) and $119 (orig. $595)
- Medium and large handbags tagged at $276 (orig. $1,380) to $393 (orig. $1,965)
- Smaller bags $255 (orig. $1,275) and small cross-bodies $164 (orig. $820)
- Wool dress $267 ($1,335)
- Geometric pattern cashmere top at $154 ($770)
With all the shoe boxes out on the sale floor, we were really curious about what was inside them. However, the folks there were still deciding which footwear would go on sale so we didn’t get a chance to look. Stay tuned, tho… we’ll get more details and make sure to post an update.
Where/When: Barbara Bui Soho Boutique, 115 Wooster Street (b/w Prince & Spring), NY, NY; November 4-6th.