We stopped into the Dolce & Gabbana sample sale hoping to find much better deals since the first day of the sale but most items were at about 80% off retail. Still not great for us!
Much of the merchandise is already picked over such as shoes and accessories, including handbags (we spotted only a few straw bags and the odd leather bag).
There was plenty of RTW but nothing exciting for us to walk out with. As usual, the clothing is separated by size – women’s on one side and men’s on another.
Footwear (what little styles they had left) were along the windows. Accessories near the entrance.
The children’s wear selection wasn’t too bad and the markdowns weren’t bad either.
Sale pricing depended on the retail price. They broke it down in a formula. Signs were everywhere if you needed to know.
Here are some examples of pricing:
- Cashmere hoodie $375 (was $2,945)
- Cashmere leggings $195 (was $1,145)
- Cashmere sweater vest $275 (was $1,775)
- Embroidered dress $745 (was $5,375)
- Cocktail dress $1,000 (was $8,000)
- Denim $125 (was $695)
- Little girls patent-leather Mary Janes $45 ($315)
- Girl’s leopard print high-tops $175 (was $875)
Sale ends tomorrow when they hopefully will offer additional discounts.