Kisan Store – the Soho boutique on Greene Street that sells funky fun quirky high-end women’s clothing and accessories – is closing in a few weeks. After 10 years, the owners are calling it quits and going back to France.
We’ve been going to the store for years and found it refreshing to find some original items. The selection has always been varied, offering some hard-to-find pieces from mostly European and Japanese designers.
We loved checking out the store’s sample sales, walking away with some great pieces at incredible prices.
They started carrying both women and children’s merchandise. But, a few years ago, they decided to focus solely on womenswear. With the recent retail climate and soaring rents in New York City, they couldn’t stay open anymore.
It was Thursday evening when we walked in to check out the deals that we found out that they were shutting down. It’s sad news that another unique boutique is shutting its doors in the neighborhood.
As for the deals, everything in the store is either 70% or 80% off the retail price. The apparel and shoes are at the higher discount. Everything else, jewelry and accessories are 70% off.
Examples of sale pricing include the following:
- Robert Clergerie shoes: $120-$140 for flat loafers and ankle booties
- Pedro Garcia sneakers under $100
- Jeweled Sonia Rykiel handbag is $380 (orig $1,980)
- Tsumori Chisato Beige Top w/paint stains is now $91 (orig. $456)
- Tsumori Chisato silk blouse w/cats and bags is now $138 (orig. $690)
- La Prestic Ouiston Karmastura silk navy coat is now $188 (orig. $940)
- Vanessa Seward poka-dot blouse is now $99 (orig. $495)
- Christian Wijnants black pants is now $109 (orig. $545)
- VPL black insertion wide tank is now $37 (orig. $185)
- Paul & Joe flower print blouse is now $92 (orig. $460)
If you’re in the neighborhood, it’s worth stopping in to say good-bye to the owners who were there last night.
Where/When: 125 Greene St, New York, NY 10012; Through
Feb 4th, Feb 3rd; Mon-Sat (11am-7pm).