It’s the tail-end of the retail end-of-season sales… While walking around Soho, we stopped into the Marc Jacobs boutique on Mercer to find that all the current spring/summer merchandise is now at 85% off retail.
In contrast to most spring collections, this one by Marc Jacobs is Victorian and dark (the dominant colors are black, navy, green, and brown). Clothing that are embroidered, tasseled and appliquéd. There were still a few pieces embellished with these as well as dresses, tops and bottoms with large hibiscus prints in red and white.
Since this is pretty much the last week of the sale… there’s not much left (mostly large sizes). The markdown includes clothing, accessories, handbags and shoes.
A few standouts include the following:
- Sleeveless V-neck sheath dress $149 (orig. $995)
- Printed paneled pleat dress $180 (orig. $1,200)
- Stripe sequin dress $570 (orig. $3,800)
- Vintage taffeta sheath dress $720 (orig. $4,800)
- Vintage taffeta long-sleeved draped gown $1,050 (orig. $7,000)
- Silk bow tweed jacket $195 (orig. $1,300) and matching tweed straight skirt $104 (orig. $695)
- Floral Bermuda shorts $108 (orig. $725)
- Sequined-collar short-sleeved cardigan $165 (orig. $1,100)
The sale will likely end this weekend… If you’re in the neighborhood, it might be worth checking out.
Where: 163 Mercer Street (b/w Houston & Prince).